It’s a new year and you know it’s time to do something about using LinkedIn more effectively.
But why? Simply because its so powerful.
With more than 467 million members*, LinkedIn is the most popular social network for professionals**. It’s also currently the fourth most popular social network overall based on unique monthly visitors, after Facebook, YouTube and Twitter***.
(*Statista **Hubspot. ***eBizMBA)
These stats mean that if you’re not working LinkedIn into your marketing mix, you’re missing opportunities to:
• grow your business
• attract prospects
• position yourself and your business as an industry leader
• access important people you couldn’t normally connect with, and expose yourself to them
Here are my top tips on how to get the most out of LinkedIn:
• Build a personal brand and grow customer relationships. Make sure your personal profile looks professional and showcases your successes. Utilise LinkedIn’s tools and settings to regularly publish content and stand out.
• Network with other professionals and find prospects. Find and connect with other professionals, start online conversations and find opportunities to turn these into offline relationships
• Promote your company and generate leads. By optimising your Company Page you can highlight products and services, engage with your audience, share career opportunities and drive word of mouth at scale.
• Fill your pipeline with right people, insights and relationships. Capitialise on LinkedIn effectiveness as a lead generation and social selling platform. LinkedIn’s paid advertising, including newsfeeds ads, sponsored updates and sponsored InMail, has come a long way in recent times and can add another dimension to your marketing campaigns and content reach.
• Position yourself or your business as an industry leader. By sharing relevant blog content on LinkedIn, you foster a positive reputation amongst your peers and potential clients.
Because LinkedIn is responsible for more than 80% of a business’s social media leads*, it should be an essential component of your business strategy.
We’d love to show you how you can get the most out of LinkedIn. Contact us to arrange a LinkedIn training session so you can start the new year with practical tools to leverage this powerful platform.