As discussed in our previous blog post, there’s a lot more to search engine optimisation (SEO) than just content and keywords, but great content should be the foundation of every website.
Undoubtedly it’s all about providing users with relevant, engaging content that answers their questions and makes it easy for them to complete their desired tasks.
While communikate et al can assist with all aspects of SEO, here we want to focus on how we can create great content for you that:
- achieves your business goals
- meets the needs of your users (customers/clients/target audience)
- is optimised for search engines
How can you create content that does all those things?
Creating great content requires an in-depth knowledge of:
- Your business and your goals, to ensure your content is strategic and helps you deliver your message and achieve results.
- Your customers or clients, how they want to interact with you and what they’re looking for.
- SEO and what is required so your website is understood by search engines and ranks for the relevant keywords.
- Writing for the Web principles, as explained below.
Writing for the Web
Writing for the Web is a specialist skill and takes into account:
- The way people read on the web (which is very different to print, proven via eye-tracking research and other studies).
- SEO (including keyword research and on page SEO elements such as title tags, heading tags, meta descriptions and alternative text for images).
- Accessibility (making your content accessible to people of all abilities, including those who rely on assistive technologies like screen readers).
- Best practise (following website standards which ensure usability and help make your website frictionless for your users).
The benefits include:
- More of your ideal customers/clients reaching your website through search engine optimisation.
- Effective content structure leading website visitors to information quickly and effectively therefore aiding conversions.
- Engaging content leading to more time spent on your website and more pages visited.
- Content that considers how your visitors behave, leading to improved user experience.
- High levels of brand recognition and brand values.
How we can help you
There’s a lot to know, and unless you live and breathe marketing, communications, digital and SEO, it’s hard to bring it all together to form that perfect package. But that’s where we can help!
We live and breathe all those things, and our holistic approach considers so much more than just the words on the page. And that’s what helps us create great content that is optimised for search engines, your users and your business goals, and written specifically for the way people read on the web.
SEO is a long-term game that requires ongoing work, but getting the foundation right with great content is vital.
If you need help to bring it all together, please get in touch, we’d love to help.